June 2021 Barnegat Light Happenings
It’s June! – It wasn’t such a great end to May with the weather over Memorial Day weekend – but sunnier skies are in our future! With a lot of Covid mandates being lifted, it’s looking like we will return to some normalcy this summer; however, let’s be kind and courteous to those who continue to wear their mask and social distance – we all have different comfort levels, and we are all in this together!
- Did you receive the Constant Contact email detailing the Agenda for our first general meeting of 2021 set for June 19th? The meeting will be held at The Pavilion (corner of Bayview between 6th and 7th). We will follow all social distancing rules that may be in place. Additional meetings dates are Saturday, July 24th and Saturday, September 25th – the meetings begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Are you using the BLTA Website as an informational tool whether you are a full or part-time resident of Barnegat Light or a visitor? Information on the Offshore Windmill Project, past minutes and financial reports of the BLTA, previously sent Constant Contact newsletters, suggestions for things to do in BL, links to local museums and libraries are all among the varied information which can be found on the website.
- The Barnegat Light Summer Concert Schedule is out! Looking forward to Monday nights beginning July 5th!
- The Barnegat Light Borough Offices are now open to the public! Masks must be work and entrance will be limited to one person/group at a time! Either way, it’s good news!
- Purchasing Beach Badges: During the season, the Beach Badge Booth is open every day from 8:00am until 3:00 p.m. and until 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Badges can also be purchased on the beach from a Badge Checker. All Veteran & Active Military badges must be obtained from the Beach Badge Booth before going to the beach.
- Remember to renew your membership to the BLTA! You can utilize the website to renew your membership, join as a new member, or just make a donation to the BLTA.
- Remember to visit the Osprey Cam – we have a pair of Ospreys in the nest and they are incubating 3 eggs!
- Are you using the Little Free Library, located outside of the Post Office? Our Little Free Library volunteer committee is working hard to keep it organized on a weekly basis throughout the summer months. Additionally, now that the Borough Hall is open to the public be sure to check out their selection of books available to borrow (note: there is a limit on how many people can be in the Borough Hall at any given time and you must wea a mask.) Please direct any questions or concerns about the Little Free Library to the BLTA.
- The June Barnegat Light Mayor and Council meeting will be held at the Firehouse Social Hall (on 10th Street) on Wednesday, June 9th – 4:30 p.m. Caucus, 5:00 p.m. Meeting. Come out and be informed as to what’s happening in our town! Always check the main page of the Barnegat Light town website to be informed of any last-minute changes to these meetings.
- Remember to keep up to date with all the latest news and events in and around Barnegat Light by visiting The Sandpaper website!
- Dates for the Barnegat Light Planning Board 2021 meetings.
- Dates for the Barnegat Light Zoning Board 2021 meetings.
- Be sure to check the Long Beach Island Foundation for the Arts and Sciences website for the latest information on their programing for this summer. Joining their email list is a great way to stay informed.
- Long Beach Island branch of the Ocean County Library Sign up for the Monthly eNewsletter from the Ocean County Library to stay up to date on the latest happenings and programs.