August 2021 Barnegat Light Happenings
It’s August already! We are enjoying a wonderful summer here in Barnegat Light with lots of visitors and activity. The weather has been wonderful. Thanks for being a member of the Barnegat Light Taxpayers’ Association.
- The final 2021 General Meeting of the Taxpayers’ Association will be held on Saturday, September 25th at 9:30 a.m. at The Pavilion. Mark your calendars!
- Monday Summer Concerts have been popular – hope you’ve been able to attend! You can find the Barnegat Light Summer Concert Schedule on our website!
- AUCTION – DON’T MISS THIS: The Barnegat Light Volunteer Fire Company Ladies Auxiliary is hosting its 38th Annual Auction on Saturday, August 7, 2021, at the Firemen’s Social Hall on 10th Street. The doors open at 6:00 p.m. for you to preview the auction items – the Auction begins at 6:45 p.m. Snacks and a Cash Bar will be available. Donation to attend is $10.00. Come out and support your local fire department – all proceeds benefit our volunteer Fire Dept.
- YOGA at the Pavilion! ZUMBA for all levels at the Pavilion on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- SAND SCULPTING Contest Dates in Barnegat Light!
- VIKING VILLAGE has lots to offer from Free Friday Dock Tours to Shopping to yummy Fresh Seafood!
- Are you using the BLTA Website as an informational tool whether you are a full or part-time resident of Barnegat Light or a visitor? Information on the Offshore Windmill Project, past minutes and financial reports of the BLTA, previously sent Constant Contact newsletters, suggestions for things to do in BL, links to local museums and libraries are all among the varied information which can be found on the website.
- The Barnegat Light town website does offer some updates on Things to Do in Barnegat Light! Reading the sign board at the Post Office is the best place to catch up on Barnegat Light happenings.
- Beach Badge Booth: The Beach Badge Booth (located behind the Post Office on 11th Street) is open every day from 8:00am until 3:00 p.m. and until 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Badges can also be purchased on the beach from a Badge Checker. All Veteran & Active Military badges must be obtained from the Beach Badge Booth before going to the beach.
- Are you a member of the BLTA? You can JOIN, RENEW, or MAKE A DONATION using the BLTA website.
- The Little Free Library, located outside of the Post Office, has never looked more organized. Our Little Free Library volunteer committee is doing a great job keeping it organized on a weekly basis throughout the summer months and lots of people have been utilizing it, which is great! REMEMBER, now that the Borough Hall is open to the public, you can also check out their selection of books available to borrow. Please direct any questions or concerns about the Little Free Library to the BLTA.
- The August Barnegat Light Mayor and Council meeting will be held at the Firehouse Social Hall (on 10th Street) on Wednesday, August 11th – 4:30 p.m. Caucus, 5:00 p.m. Meeting. Come out and be informed as to what’s happening in our town! Always check the main page of the Barnegat Light town website to be informed of any last-minute changes to these meetings.
- Remember to read The Sandpaper for all the latest news and events happening on LBI!
- Dates for the Barnegat Light Planning Board 2021 meetings.
- Dates for the Barnegat Light Zoning Board 2021 meetings.
- Be sure to check the Long Beach Island Foundation for the Arts and Sciences website for the latest information on their programing for this summer. Joining their email list is a great way to stay informed.
- Long Beach Island branch of the Ocean County Library Sign up for the Monthly eNewsletter from the Ocean County Library to stay up to date on the latest happenings and programs.