Happy New Year!
We welcome 2021 with an overhaul of the BLTA Website. Have you noticed? If not, take a good look now! We have attempted to make the website more user friendly and packed it with lots of information about the town and the island. We hope you will use it as a resource often, getting a question answered, looking for a website or phone number, reading the monthly updates, etc. Be sure to bookmark us on your phone and laptop. We welcome your reactions, comments, and suggestions as we continue to make improvements to the site throughout the winter months.
- The Barnegat Light Borough Mayor and Council 2021 Reorganization Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 6th at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom.
- The regular Barnegat Light Mayor and Council meeting will be held via Zoom on Wednesday, January 13th – 4:30 p.m. Caucus, 5:00 p.m. Meeting.
- Water Meters: All homeowners should have picked up their water meters by now. If you have not picked yours up, you must call the Borough Hall ASAP at 609-494-9196. Don’t forget – all water meters must be installed by March 1, 2021. Once yours is installed, call the Borough Hall to schedule the inspection and activation.
- 2021 Beach Badges are available!
- Remember to keep up to date with all the latest news and events in and around Barnegat Light by visiting The Sandpaper website!
- The Long Beach Island Foundation for the Arts and Sciences is closed through January 11th and will then offer various events – be sure to check their website for current happenings and updates!
- Ocean County Library January 2021 Events
- Long Beach Island branch of the Ocean County Library
- Sign up for the Monthly eNewsletter from the Ocean County Library to stay up to date on the latest happenings and programs!
- Remember to use the Little Free Library that is located outside the Barnegat Light Post Office, especially during this time of pandemic when it can be difficult to access the library in Surf City. Be sure to wear your mask when browsing for a new book – and remember to add a book occasionally so there are always enough books to share. Please direct any questions or concerns about the Little Free Library to the BLTA.